We’re looking for a product-aware Android engineer to help us on our mission: to make a billion families around the world, happier and healthier by helping children sleep. Mind Candy’s vision is to create worlds that fire the imagination. We imagine, build and breathe life into products that bring joy to the lives of millions of families all over the world.
Our vibrant team based in our Shoreditch office in London change the future of our fast-growing business every day, everyone playing an integral role in achieving our goals.
As an Android engineer at Mind Candy you will join a small cross-functional team of engineers and designers.
You will work on our core product Moshi Twilight, that helps children sleep and relax, making a positive impact on their wellbeing. You understand the need for cleanly written, resilient code balanced against the need to move fast and iterate.
Our Android App
App architecture is mostly built using MVP, though we are currently transitioning to MVVM where possible. We use Retrofit + Moshi for API calls and Dagger for dependency injection. We use ExoPlayer for media playback and AWS Cognito for user authentication. Our codebase is in Java, although we’re open to Kotlin in the long-term.
What you’ll be involved in:
- Improving and maintaining our core Android app
- Writing clean and readable code while documenting the development process
- Working closely with product, design and other engineers to execute the design as closely as possible while advising on Android specifics or limitations
- Actively participating in the whole development life cycle, including sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and daily scrum meetings.
What you’ll bring to Mind Candy:
- Solid understanding of OO patterns, Android fundamentals, architecture components, and best practices
- Strong expertise in Java
- A passion for technology, learning new skills and techniques and sharing your experience with others
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team
- Proven experience building responsive apps that interact with a range of RESTful services.
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing swift based iOS applications
- Experience integrating Google Play billing (our main focus is subscriptions) or other payment providers (Stripe, Braintree,..), open source libraries, specifically Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Exoplayer
- Side projects or past work you’re proud of and willing to showcase
What we offer:
- Weekly office events, drinks and free breakfast
- Flexible working hours
- Casual, relaxed office space (most of our team wear converse)
- Salary range £45,000 – £55,000, as well as stock options
- Our office is centrally located near Old street
- The interview process consists of an initial phone screen, a take-home code test with a call to review your solution, and an on-site interview. The on-site consists of a technical and a product / team fit interview.
How To Apply:
If you’ve got what it takes, email your C.V. to: “[email protected]”