Mind Candy Ltd is a UK family entertainment company that creates extraordinary brands with online games at their heart. We know that you care about how your Personal Information is used and shared and we care about that too.
2. How do you protect my Personal Information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your Personal Information and use a secure server to store your Personal Information. However, like everyone else, we cannot guarantee complete security. We use industry standard organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. We have certified that we adhere to a legal framework established by the United States Department of Commerce called ‘Safe Harbor’, relating to the collection, use and retention of personal information from the European Union. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit Safe Harbor.
Where you are required to choose a password for your account, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. This means you should limit access to your computer or device and sign off after you have finished accessing your account. If you think someone has access to your password or unauthorised access to your account, please inform us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not responsible for the misuse of your account or information where you have not kept your password confidential or not reported a breach of security.
3. What information do you collect about me?
We collect Personal Information about you when you register with us, use our Services, answer our questions or provide feedback. We may also record our communications with you.
Information that you provide to us: This may include your name, email address, telephone number, address book, user name, date of birth, genderand your location. If you buy something from us, we may need your address and payment information. You may choose whether or not to give some information to us. However, not providing certain information may mean you cannot enjoy all or parts of our Services.
Information that is automatically collected: Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically record information from your browser or device. This may include your IP address, device information (e.g., MAC address, device type), pages you have requested and cookie information. Depending on your privacy settings, we may also receive information from social networks you choose to connect with via our Services, e.g. your profile information from Facebook.
4. How will you use the information about me?
We use the information you give to us to make our Services the best possible experience for you. For instance, we may use your information to:
- Customise the Services you choose to receive
- Manage your account and your queries
- Improve our Services
- Contact you with important service announcements
- Meet our legal and regulatory obligations and protect our legitimate interests
- Carry out research and analysis, training and quality assurance
- If you agree, contact you about other Services and products from Mind Candy that we think may be of interest to you
- if you agree, contact you with advertising from other businesses
Some of our Services may use location information transmitted from your devices. We only use location information in a way that is necessary to provide the Service you want. If you have not allowed your location information to be sent (through the settings menu on your device), then location information will not be sent.
5. To whom will you disclose my Personal Information?
Mind Candy will not share your Personal Information for marketing purposes with companies outside the Mind Candy group of companies, unless you have given us permission to do so. However, we may share your information in the following ways:
- We may display your chosen profile information along with your activity levels on our Services, to friends with whom you have connected. Your other Personal Information cannot be seen by other users unless you post it in areas accessible by other users
- We may share your Personal Information, where appropriate, with any member of our group of companies
- We work with trusted partners to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to disclose your Personal Information for them to provide services to you. However, these companies are bound by confidentiality obligations and do not have any independent right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us
- When the law requires us to disclose your information, we will comply
- When we need to enforce our Terms of Service, investigate fraud, reduce credit risk, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s wellbeing or property and when obtaining your prior consent is difficult
Mind Candy may display targeted advertisements based on anonymised information, personally identifiable information or information you make publicly available. No Personal Information will be provided to the advertiser directly by Mind Candy when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will collect data from you and/or make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
6. Will I receive marketing information from you?
We would like to send you information about our Services which may be of interest to you. If you don’t like this, we are happy to stop at any time. Just click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link if provided or contact us at email@example.com. On mobile devices, you can manage notices you receive about our Services by using the settings on your device.
7. How do I access or change my Personal Information?
If you want to see, or change, your Personal Information, go to ‘my profile’ or your account settings or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that certain information cannot be changed once you have entered it. For instance, there should be no reason for a user to change their date of birth, if inputted. This is to discourage users from engaging in unlawful activities.
In certain jurisdictions, you may be entitled to request access to Personal Information we hold, by writing to us at email@example.com or at our postal address (see below). A small fee will be charged for this service, to cover administrative costs.
8. How long do you keep my Personal Information for? How can I delete it?
We store your Personal Information for as long as your account is active and for as long as is required solely for our business purposes.
If you wish to delete an account, you can do so by following instructions within the relevant Service, and/or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete the Personal Information that we hold on you, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com. When you do this, we will deactivate your account and/or delete or anonymise (which means you cannot be identified from the information) relevant Personal Information, unless we have to retain it for legal reasons. A limited amount of data may be retained for archive purposes only.
Some of the things you do on our Service are not stored in your account, like sending someone a message (where your friend may still have a message you sent, or may resend it, even after you delete your account). This information may remain after you delete your account.
Cookies are small text files that we place on your device to allow us to store your settings, customise content for your repeat use of our Services and to assess user behaviour information.
If you would like to opt-out of advertising tracking by our partner AD-X, please go to this page. If you would like to delete or control cookies on your device or use sites without cookies or would like to know more, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
10. Where is my Personal Information?
We may transfer your Personal Information to countries outside of the European Economic Area EEA (such as the US), but only to companies we trust. This includes Mind Candy group companies or carefully selected business partners that agree to “Safe Harbor” certification or equivalent protections. We do this for our data management and business purposes, in particular, for outsourced data processing by organisations on our behalf. We take appropriate steps to ensure your information is adequately protected. If you do not agree to this, please do not use our Services.
12. What about Personal Information of children?
If you are younger than 13 years of age, you must get consent from your parents or legal guardians before you provide any Personal Information to us. We may also separately contact your parents or legal guardians to get consent and verification.
If you believe we may have personal information about a child under 13 that was not provided with parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. How do I contact you?
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at Mind Candy Limited, 4th Floor Bonhill Building, 15 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4DN, United Kingdom
15. What does it mean?
‘Personal Information’ means anything that can be used to identify you, including information you give to us when you register and anything that we collect as you use our Services.
“Service” or “Services” means the products and services provided by Mind Candy, including our games, applications, mobile applications, our websites and any other online, offline and/or mobile products and services on or via any platform or technology.
16. Other Services
We may need to tell you more about how we collect and use information relating to particular Services. Please read more here: