Mind Candy is the home of creating worlds that fire the imagination. Our flagship product is Moshi Monsters which has grown to over 100m adopted monsters and has also expanded successfully offline into best-selling books, magazines, toys, trading cards, music albums and a movie.
Creating magical entertainment is at the heart of what we do at Mind Candy and we’re now developing several groundbreaking new products, one of which is Petlandia; where pets and pop culture collide; where cats dream of online stardom, Rottweilers rack up likes, Shih Tzus snap selfies and Pugs pose.
Reporting to the Content Marketing Manager, you will perform all duties consistent with the role of PR and Marketing Intern, which are necessary to meet the business needs of the Company and any such other duties, which may be allocated to you in place of or in addition to the duties below.
Hours may vary and must be available to work holidays and weekends. This position is based in Shoreditch.
You’ll be involved in everything from:
- Researching PR opportunities,
- Implementing campaigns,
- Writing press releases,
- Executing high-scale outreach,
- Building ambassador partnerships,
- Involvement in events,
- Working with the press
- Supporting internal communications and external PR agencies, and
- Helping to construct global marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, is forward thinking, organised and proactive. You’ll have the chance to gain exposure across the business, and take ownership of individual projects.
- Top degree, from top university (First or 2:1 at a Russell Group UK university or equivalent)
- The brightest and the best.
- Highly analytical, logical and exceptionally articulate.
- Savvy and able to jump into a problem, use your initiative to search for creative answers.
- A natural flair for communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar ideas, industries, and approach them with intellectual curiosity.
- Proficiency in English language, reading and writing comprehension.
- An interest in contemporary culture vital, everything from music to food, to YouTubers.
- A three-month paid internship, with the opportunity for a full-time role thereafter.
- Office in the heart of London’s tech scene. Fast-paced, but fun and creative environment.
- The opportunity to learn numerous skills across the business before going on to specialise; including PR, partnerships, communications, marketing, and e-commerce.
Mind Candy employees have something extra. A quirky edge, a positive attitude and a driving passion to bring something unique to our company. It’s hard to define, but you’ll know if you’ve got it, and so will we.
Three-month contract – October – January 2018 (possibility for extension)
Night time hours, evening or weekends a possibility
How to apply
If you’ve got what it takes, email your C.V. to: recruitment [at] mindcandy [dot] com